ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), and the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), the three members of the Zurich43 alliance, are currently seeking applicants for the post as:
C++ Software Engineer with GUI Development Skills
Zurich43 is a leading global player in the fields of electromagnetic near-field measurements, mobile phone compliance evaluations, and technical software tools for the global mobile communications and medical industries, delivering break-through innovations and creating outstanding products for the safe and beneficial applications of electromagnetic energy and information technologies, as well as for novel and personalized medical treatments. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and experienced software engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing novel products, and in particular for designing innovative and appealing graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
- Development of user-friendly and reliable desktop applications, intuitive yet powerful GUIs, and automation and control solutions for our existing advanced measurement systems
- Creation of upcoming cutting-edge software for state-of-the-art electromagnetic field measurements systems
- Involvement in all stages of product development, from detailed analyses to the global level
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or equivalent knowledge
- Fascination for the design of high-quality, user-friendly, reliable software
- Extensive experience (at least three years) in C++ and Python work
- Practical experience in product development
- Practical experience as a software engineer with know-how and experience in the latest tools and technologies (including modern C++ (e.g., C++11), STL, Boost, MS Visual Studio, unit tests, GUI design with QT and similar frameworks, Agile Development methodologies, and continuous integration systems) of advantage
- Good English and preferably German skills
- Versatility, self-motivation, working to high standards, creativity, flexibility, ability to work independently while being part of a team
- The chance to work in close cooperation with leading research laboratories in an eminent, medium-sized enterprise environment where personal commitment and individual strengths are recognized and rewarded
- The opportunity to be part of a vision in a multidisciplinary, international team of young professionals – with backgrounds ranging from physics and electronics to mathematics and biology – producing cutting-edge products
- Flexible working hours and a vibrant workplace in the heart of Zurich
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your complete resume materials (in English) consisting of:
- Motivation letter
- Detailed CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Transcripts (with grades)
- Work certificates and / or reference letters (if available)
Please send your application to the following address:
Phone: +41 44 245 9700
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Nik Chavannes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Direct applications only; applications submitted via recruitment agencies will not be considered.